FPML-CWG Collateral WG Meeting: Wed 17 February 2010

Please find the details for tomorrow’s meeting.

Wednesday February 17, 2010 @ 10am NY / 3pm London time (1h30)

Dial in Details:

      US Dial-in:             888-481-3032

      UK Toll Free:           0800 904 7961

      International Dial-in:  617-801-9600

      Passcode:               8682747

è Please review the following data fields, for discussion at the meeting.

Agenda:

-   Revisit MC1 message (request for margin call) based on last week’s comments + Richard & Kaizad proposals (doc/zip file)

-   Continue discussion on MC3a data fields (accept call & propose collateral) (PDF page 18-19)

-   Confirm that MC3b (accept call) and MC3c (propose collateral) are covered by MC3a

-   à Review MC5 data fields (full dispute) (PDF page 22-23)

-   à Review MC6 data fields (partial dispute) (PDF page 23-24)

-   AOB

Thanks, Lyteck

(Ref: http://www.isda.org/c_and_a/pdf/Electronic-Messaging.pdf)

The information contained in either this email and, if applicable, the attachment, are confidential and are intended only for the recipient. The contents of either the email or the attachment may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient(s), any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by e-mail at isda@xxxxxxxx <mailto:isda@xxxxxxxx> then delete the e-mail and all attachments and any copies thereof. This communication is part of an ISDA process and is not intended for unauthorized use or distribution.
--- Begin Message ---

Hi Lyteck,

Further to your correspondence, please be advised that from our current experience, we have seen a change in the manner the Threshold gets reported on the margin call. Threshold is applied on the sum total of “Total MTM and Total Upfront Fees”.

Also on your MC1 schema the name and IDs of the concern party is mentioned at the very end. Ideally this should be on the top of any generated calls. The reason behind is that when a person is looking at the margin issuance call, he/she would like to know which are the 2 parties associated to the said call.

We would also need to look at how to accommodate the “negative number” in the margin call issuance schema

Below is the order in which the elements could be grouped.

Where Threshold is considered on sum total of upfront fee and MTM

Example

1

Valuation Date

10-Feb-2010

2

Base Currency

 USD

3

Total Exposure (Total MTM)

                     5,000,000.00

4

Upfront Margin (Initial Margin)

                     1,000,000.00

5

Threshold

                     1,000,000.00

6

Collateral Held / (Pledged)

                     2,000,000.00

7

Collateral Pending

                   (1,000,000.00)

8

Minimum Transfer Amount

                         250,000.00

9

Rounding Amount

                           10,000.00

10

Margin Requirement

                     4,000,000.00

11

Currency of the call

 USD

12

Type

 Cash

Thanks

Kaizad Bhathena

Associate Director - OTC

Globeop Financial Services

801/802, 8th Floor, Interface Bldg., No. 11,

Malad (W), Mumbai 400 064, India.

Phone : (91-22) - 40948636

www.globeop.com