You can find FpML Spec documentation of your FpML version choice on FpML website, under “Specifications” tab
- it would require you to login to see the FpML specification). There you would have a choice of viewing
- the current major versions of FpML Specifications (click on the left menu - “Current”).
- all FpML major and minor versions and the date of their publication (click on the left menu - “Archived”).
If you have no preferences in FpML versions, I recommend you to look at the latest version.
When you click on one of the versions link, you’d see
1. “Online Documentation:” links. These are the links to view specific
1.1. FpML online documentation (pick a link with the required view, e.g. “Confirmation”). Look for section called " RETURN SWAPS PRODUCT ARCHITECTURE " (in the latest versions, it is under the section 10).
1.2. Schema and Examples - Look at the bottom of the menu for links to “SCHEMA AND EXAMPLES” (in the latest versions, it is under the section 19)
1.2.1. online “Description of Examples”. Look at “Equity Swaps Examples” (in the latest versions, it is under the section 8). Feel free to look though the examples. The examples I described earlier are (in the latest versions, it is under the section 8.16) - Example 15 and 16 - Forward Starting European Interdealer Share Swap Short Form
1.2.2. for download “Schema and Example files” (same as below)
2. “Schema and Examples (download):” links. For each of these views, there are schema files and example (pick a link with the required view e.g. “Confirmation”. Under the Confirmation view directory, you will see Confirmation view set of FpML schema) Plus, each view directory contains subdirectories for each group of FpML examples. The equity-swaps examples, you will find under confirmation/products/equity-swaps directory
Hope it helps.