To promote the development and support of FpML tools or utilities which will facilitate the widespread use and adoption of the FpML standard across the OTC financial industry.
ISDA is keen to develop and assist with an approach to FpML tools which encourages:
- Software vendors to develop and support FpML based tools and utilities.
- A vigorous, healthy software industry around FpML, which supports banks, financial institutions, and their clients.
FpML tools are developed in a number of areas in which users of the FpML standard have requirements. The tools promote the adoption of the FpML standard in building applications and support efficient business processes.
The FpML Tools section is organized into the following sub-sections:
- FpML Tools Listings: Information supplied by software vendors on specific FpML tools and utilities. It also includes information on some generic XML tools that may be of interest to users of FpML.
- FpML Editor/Viewer: The FpML Editor/Viewer allows FpML trades to be created from scratch, loaded from a local file, or loaded from the World Wide Web.
- FpML Web Validation Service: This free service checks FpML 4.0, 4.1,4.2, 4.3, 4.4 , 4.5, 4.6, 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 5.0, 5.1 and 5.2 documents against the schema, and then against the business validation rules published with the specifications.