July 28, 2020
ISDA has republished the Recommendation for FpML version 5.11 (Build#9)
The International Swaps and Derivatives Association, Inc. (ISDA) has republished the Recommendation for Financial products Markup Language (FpML) version 5.11.
The updated Recommendation (build 9) includes the following fixes based on feedback provided:
FpML 5.11 (build 9) fixes:
- Interest Rate Derivatives:
- Made observationWeight optional within RateObservation. Having observationWeight as a required field was making implementations more difficult since in most cases the value is one and the field does not have to be populated.
- Syndicated Loans
- Renamed AccrualOptionChangeEvent to AccrualOptionChange removing the word "Event". This change makes the naming of this complex type consistent with the treatment of other similar business event complex types.
- Business Process / Regulatory Reporting (Recordkeeping View)
- In order to support the EMIR REFIT Mandatory Delegated Reporting requirements, the category element was added to the WithdrawalPartyInformation type.
- The information needs to be made available in the withdrawal message for compliance purposes. Certain Trade Repositories use the category element to determine how to report the withdrawal to the regulators.
The changes above have been approved by the FpML standards committee.
The FpML 5.11 Recommendation is available on the FpML website in the Specifications section at: https://www.fpml.org/spec/fpml-5-11-9-rec-1/
Note: Since this publication only includes fixes, its date and version remain the same as the previous publication of the 5.11 Recommendation.
A more detailed overview of the changes in version 5.11 can be found in Section 17 of the online documentation.
The FpML Team