Forums

FpML Discussion

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    rajcsingh

Hi, I wanted to know whether in FpML do we have any tags which can let us know as to what was the old value for the fields and what are the new updated values for the same field. I have an application where in the user needs to know as to which all fields have got recently updated.In Fpml I get to see the fields and the latest values , but it is difficult to know which ones are due to latest ammendment. Can someone please suggest. Thanks and Regards, Rajesh

lyteck
    Keymaster

FpML does not provide or intend to provide tags to capture previous/old field values. We believe this is best handled by applications. Your Audit application should load in memory previous versions of the FpML document and present the diff information to the end-user. Using this approach, you gain more flexibility because you can compare version 1 to version 2 to version 5. Also, not storing “previous” unecessary information results in smaller FpML files which can be processed faster. Hope this helps, Lyteck

mgratacos
    Keymaster

There are some messages, like the TradeExecutionModified (section 3.3.2 of the Specification) that allows you to send the old version of the trade and the revised trade in the same message. Hope this helps. Marc

rajcsingh

Thanks for the inputs. Regards, Rajesh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.