Forums

FpML Discussion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mscastro

I am very new to fpml and financial instruments, but a long time experienced developer specially in xml area. I am now working on a specific mapping from to fpml using XQuery where the source has a bare complex type used to create a “user defined field” for a trade, ndf specifically. I would like to know if fpml schema has a way to extend it by means of ‘any’ or a specific type or element. I am trying to find it, but I assumed asking would go faster and get me acquainted. Thanks.

h_mcallister
    Spectator

Hi mscastro, The recommended extension method for FpML is runtime type substitution – see the FpML Architecture specification, section 6 Extending FpML (http://www.fpml.org/spec/fpml-arch-3-0-tr-1/). You mention NDF – just out of interest, are you extending the existing nonDeliverableSettlement component under FxSingleLeg? Best regards, Harry McAllister Chair, IRD-WG

mscastro

Harry, thanks so much for your kind answer. I need to map specific client fields during a NDF trade transaction, in this case RequestConfirmation and although I could attach it somehow to my flow I would rather do it in fpml terms even if it would mean a extension. Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.