Forums

FpML Discussion

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kamalken
    Spectator

Hi , I need to use both the FPML 5.0 and FPML 4.6. Also I am using JAXB to get the Objects. Since I am having two different objects (FPML 5.0 Trade and FPML 4.6 Trade), I am not able to write the common code in my application (even though both the trade objects has common elements). Please help Also, Please confirm whether i can validate the fpml 4.6 instance using the FPML 5.0 schema.

mgratacos
    Keymaster

Hello, I don’t have a solution for you. The problem with code generators is that they are tightly coupled with the namespace so you’ll need to duplicate the code. No, an FpML 4.6 instance won’t validate against an FpML 5.0 Schema. FpML 5.0 doesn’t keep backward compatibility with previous 4.x versions. The product representations are very similar but still there, there are some differences between them. Hope this helps. Regards, Marc

kamalken
    Spectator

Thanks Marc

andrew
    Spectator

I’ve heard there is a way of using custom ClassLoader instances to support two conflicting Java type libraries in the same application at the same time. Although this would not help with having a common interface to both. The big question is should you be using JAXB at all? Do you really need to marshal the FpML into a set of objects for the processing you will apply to them or would it be easier to work with them at the XML level. The HandCoded Toolkit for FpML Processing supports all versions of FpML simultaneously using the same code because much of its processing is performed on the DOM structures. Worth considering.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘FpML Version 5.0 (Closed for Posting)’ is closed to new topics and replies.