Forums

FpML Discussion

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nikhilpv

Hi, In FpML 5.2 FXOption, we have a field “hourMinuteTime” under Events_model.executionAdviceGroup3.trade.fxOption.fxOptionGroup3.europeanExercise.expiryTime. The type of this field is ISOTime.We have to get a value 12:00:00 for this field.We have tried so many ways to achieve this task, but with no success. Could anyone please suggest me the way for getting this done ? Thank YOu, Nikhil

h_mcallister
    Spectator

Hi Nikhil, To be clear, the type of element hourMinuteTime is HourMinuteTime, which is defined as a restriction on type xsd:time such that the “seconds” component of the time is zero (“hh:mm:00”). Can you expand on what you meant by “We have to get a value 12:00:00 for this field…”? Do you mean, you need to produce the hourMinuteTime element containing this value? “12:00:00” is perfectly valid as a value of hourMinuteTime, so I’m not sure where the problem lies. Best regards, Harry McAllister Chair, IRD-WG

nikhilpv

Hi Harry, I have to convert SUMMIT XML message type to FpML 5.2 message type using the transformation tool Volante Designer.I need to produce the value 12:00:00 for the hourMinuteTime element in FpmL. I can’t just hard code the value “12:00:00” as it will be considered as a string and the data type of this field is ISOTime.I tried many ways to map this value to that field but while simulating its getting the value 12:00:00-05:00 and hence throwing the error “The value ’12:00:00-05:00′ of element ‘hourMinuteTime’ is not facet-valid with respect to pattern ‘[0-2][0-9]:[0-5][0-9]:00′”. Could you please suggest me the proper way to get this done ? Thank You, Nikhil

srinuchintal

Hi Nikhil, Your problem is because of zone offset component present in the calendar value. By using java we achieved like this. ccal = Calendar.getInstance(); ccal.setTime(newDate); ccal.clear(Calendar.MILLISECOND); ccal.clear(Calendar.ZONE_OFFSET); By constucting java Calendar object set that Calendar object hourtime obj.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.