Forums

FpML Discussion

General FpML Discussion Technical & Implementation Questions MandatoryEarlyTerminationAdjustedDates

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    brusckeabax
    Spectator

This type is defined as having 3 elements named: – adjustedEarlyTerminationDate – adjustedCashSettlementValuationDate – adjustedCashSettlementPaymentDate each of which is of type date; i.e., not of type AdjustableDate nor of type AdjustableOrRelativeDate. The definitions for each element remark, in part pertinent: “This date should already be adjusted for any applicable business day convention.” At the time a deal is dealt the parties can inspect the then-prevailing applicable holiday calendar(s) and choose dates which are expected to be business days. Nevertheless, there is always the risk that a holiday might be adopted after the dealt-date which could fall on one of these 3 dates. Is there some compelling reason why these 3 elements were not declared to be of type AdjustableDate or AdjustableOrRelativeDate? The only answer that seems plausible to me is that in the event of a holiday the obvious solution would be to adjust on a “Following” day-convention. Or, perhaps the parties would readily agree to adjust to “Previous” or some other mutually agreeable day. And, perhaps, such is deemed entirely satisfactory for this particular contingency. Is this the explanation? Or, should I consider implementing using an AdjustableDate or AdjustableOrRelativeDate? Thanks Mark

iyermakova
    Spectator

Hello Mark, “mandatoryEarlyTerminationAdjustedDates”, where you can optionally supply (if needed) the adjusted (actual) dates for the dates you are required to provide such as the unadjusted early termination, cash settlement valuation and payment dates + their adjustments. Ex. 2011-11-28 FOLLOWING GBLO EUTA 2011-11-28// this date includes adjustments if any. Regards, Irina Yermakova

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.