Forums

FpML Discussion

General FpML Discussion Technical & Implementation Questions Problem using Xerces to parse FpML 4.2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    welchr

Hi, I’m having difficulty using the Xerces C++ parser v2.2 to parse FpML v4.2. I’ve downloaded all the .xsd files so I have them locally and am using the provided example FpML examples. However when I run a small test app which just reads the document and validates it aginst the schema, I get: Recoverable parse error: Line ‘120’, Column ’52’, Error [b][color=FF0033]’A declaration that has a ref attribute, cannot have child content.'[/color][/b], Public Id ”, System Id ‘schema/fpml-valuation-base-4-2.xsd’ … I’m no expert but, when I look at the file ‘schema/fpml-valuation-base-4-2.xsd’ it contains the following which I’m fairly sure is quite correct: [code] The characteristics of the quotation. A group collecting a set of characteristics that can be used to describe a quotation. [/code] It’s permissible to have an annotation element within a group, even if it does contain a ‘ref’ attribute. Has anyone experienced this before or have a clue what’s going on? Many thanks, Robin.

welchr

I’ve since discovered that this is a known version in Xerces C++ 2.2 and has since been fixed, so there is a patch.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.