Forums

FpML Discussion

General FpML Discussion FpML Version 5.0 (Closed for Posting) Trade Mesage Sequence identification

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    averildurkin
    Spectator

Hi, hoping someone may be able to assist me. I am trying to locate a field that shows an increase in version number for every message that is sent through irrespective of the activity or function completed under confirmation. I understand that the message ID and sequence version field would not be correct to use as these relate to specific functions only (new trade has one, partial termination has a different one). Any assistance would be appreciated. regards Averil

lyteck
    Keymaster

Hi, Note that it’s the combination of correlationId + sequence number (and not the messageId) that relates messages together and keeps track of their sequence. See http://www.fpml.org/spec/fpml-5-7-4-tr-1/html/confirmation/schemaDocumentation/schemas/fpml-msg-5-7_xsd/groups/CorrelationAndOptionalSequence.model.html if I understand correctly you have multiple processes, say 3 sequential business processes, and you want to keep track of the sequence of all the messages across these processes. As stated, FpML provides fields to track sequences within a process, however, that mechanism is not meant to be used across processes, by design. You could possibly devise a solution where you would embed sequence information in e.g., the messageId but that would be a hack, and unadvisable. FpML provides a parentCorrelationId field which is an optional identifier used to provide a connection between related processes. That was introduced to keep track of main (parent) / sub processes. This additional field may be useful. Hope this helps. Regards, Lyteck ISDA

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘FpML Version 5.0 (Closed for Posting)’ is closed to new topics and replies.