Forums

FpML Discussion

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    averildurkin
    Spectator

Hi looking at the credit default swap model i see that there are two options for effective date, unadjusted date & adjusted date. I believe that the options i need to use is adjusted date as we do not support date adjustments, however i see that there is the following comment: “the date once the adjustments have been performed (note that this date may change if the business center holidays change)” – is this only referring to the fact if you added a different holiday structure to what has previously been agreed which would affect the adjusted dates? Can someone explain to me what this is exactly saying…. sorry to be daft. However, i would have thought that most business center holiday calendars are already set and therefore wouldnt be changed. regards Averil

lyteck
    Keymaster

Averyl: Don’t look too much into that particular wording. If your date is agreed and known simply use the adjusted date. However way it is determined using a calendar, holidays etc… For the unadjusted date, when the swap comes to maturity 30 years from now they may institute August 1 as a holiday. Who knows. So calendars can change during the life of the contract. Regards, Lyteck [Would you please post your recent posts in the technical & implementation questions forum. You might get broader audience there. We are planning to discontinue this 5.0 forum. Even though old posts will remain accessible for viewing and answering]

averildurkin
    Spectator

lyteck thank you very much, just thought i would check and as always you clarify my concern. Will post in that section going forward. regards Averil

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘FpML Version 5.0 (Closed for Posting)’ is closed to new topics and replies.