Forums

FpML Discussion

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    syamvikas

Hi, We are using FpML 4.5, be now we are upgrading to FpML 5.0. When I downloaded 4-5, its one folder and it had all the schemas which we used to build our custom fpml. Now in 5.0 there are four folder, “confirmation”, “master”, “pretrade”, “reporting” is there any architectural difference in the way we deal with FPML 5.0 ?? For IRO products which is are the set of schema’s I need to base on ?? Any help would be appreciated. Regards, Vikas

mgratacos
    Keymaster

Hi Vikas, FpML 5.0 implements the concept of views, which means having separate packages for each one of the business process areas. The two views published in the latest version of 5.0 (Working Draft 4) http://www.fpml.org/spec/fpml-5-0-5-wd-4/ are: confirmation and reporting. Pretrade was not published in this latest release since it didn’t have enough review. Take a look at the paper “Master-Schema Technical Paper” available on the page of the 5.0 Working Draft 4 release. The 4.5 IRO products would be identical to the 5.0 confirmation view IRO products. There are some differences such as: the root element of the message, accounts have been moved outside party, and changes on the messaging framework but in terms of product representation, they haven’t changed much. There are some planned changes on the FX products so that’s why you won’t see any FX products in this working draft since some major changes on the FX option products are expected. Hope this helps. Kind Regards, Marc

syamvikas

Thanks for your response Mark, this give me some light on the current issue I am facing. We used FPML version 4-5 to add some Custom headers like (WIB_Header) and few more which are added. When I take the Schemas from the Master, I get some errors like “OderAmended: Unable to resolve reference to type “TradeExecutionModified” in the name space “http://www.fpml.org/2010/FpML-5-0″” I think the reason for this is, there are some elements which are referred no more exists in the Master (Possible reason could be that the elements or attributes have been moved to some other view) As per my understanding “fpml-option-shared-4-5.xsd” is not equal to “fpml-option-shared-5-0.xsd” in Master is not Equal to “fpml-option-shared-5-0.xsd” in Confirmation, this can have some More or Less elements/Attributes. Please correct me If my understanding is wrong. Thanks in advance. Vikas

mgratacos
    Keymaster

Take a look at the latest version of 5.0 to see if you still have the problem. The Master Schema should be a valid schema by itself and it contains all elements available for all views so it’s not a subset of the views. It’s a superset. I’d recommend to extend from each view (reporting, confirmation or both) instead of doing it from the Master.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.