Securities Working Group
- To extend the current FpML standard to define data elements to be used for supporting trade reporting and other business processes for securities. The scope for version 5.10 is driven by the reporting requirements under EMIR (Bond Forward) and the reporting requirements in Russia (Repo)
Chairs of Working Group
Pavel Solovyev (RTS “Saint-Petersburg Exchange” Group)
Scope: For version 5.10, the Securities Working Group will address the following, in order of priority:
- Coverage of Bond Forward transactions
- Additional repo provisions: early termination, margin triggers and monthly interest payments.
- Expand the repo product coverage to basket repo transactions and Sell/Buy Back transactions
- ESMA and CBR requirements
- Data from TRs on the usage of the generic product
- FpML Bond Contract extensions + NSD and RTS proposals based on the extensions
The scope of this working group is limited to version 5.10 of the FpML standard. Version 5.10 is expected to become a Recommendation in Q2 2017. Any expansion of the scope beyond the above mentioned will require Standards Committee approval. Meeting Schedule: The group meets on bi-weekly basis and adjust to weekly when necessary, for one hour, conference calls primarily. Rules of Operation: The working group will adopt the FpML Working Group Rules of Operation. These outline best-practices for meetings, managing member participation, reaching group consensus and voting. Estimated time commitment from Participants: Members should be prepared to commit approximately 1 to 4 hours per week, depending on the role of the participant, for meeting participation and document review. Full members must have the agreement and support of their management before signing up to the Working Group. Target Participants: Business analysts, technical architects, business specialists.