Forums

FpML Discussion

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    roma
    Participant

Hi all,
    Can you please give me advise how to use dealtCurrency element in fxSwap. Should i use it in both nearLeg and farLeg? If i use it in both legs is it ok to set different values (exmpl. ‘ExchangedCurrency1’ for nearLeg and ‘ExchangedCurrency2’ for farLeg)? (of course i mean the different values will be linked to the same currency)
    Thank you.

h_mcallister
    Spectator

Hi Roma,

dealtCurrency is an optional extension to the FxSingleLeg model, allowing the message producer to express their view on which is the “dealt” currency in an FX Spot/Forward trade. The element takes enumerated values (ExchangedCurrency1, ExchangedCurrency2), so as to restrict the choice to the currencies exchanged in the trade.

As far as the concept is relevant to a FX Swap, then I agree that the values on the near and far legs would be inverted with respect to each other, so as to reference the *same* currency on each leg.

As far as I am aware, no official guidance was published on the use of dealtCurrency in Fx Swaps – this may be an omission in the specification.

Best regards,
    Harry

roma
    Participant

Thank you, Harry

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.