Forums

FpML Discussion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    paulbrown

I need to determine the changes between FPML 4.5 and FPML 5.3 (current version) Is diffing the XSD the most sensible way to approach this? Or has someone already published the changes somewhere? Thanks

iyermakova
    Spectator

Hello, 1. The main difference between 4.x and 5.x is around messaging and business processes (introduction of Confirmation/Reporting/Transparency/Recordkeeping Views business process categories. You can find a spreadsheet with message mapping here – http://www.fpml.org/documents/groupdocs.html [February 02, 2012: Messaging Mapping Table between Version 4.9 and 5.3 excel ] 2. The products have very minimum changes apart from FX refactoring. – IRD almost no changes; – CD – empty elements replaced by Boolean and creditDefaultSwap/generalTerms/sellerPartyReference/ and PartyReference/ was moved around; /creditDefaultSwap/generalTerms/scheduledTerminationDate/adjustableDate/unadjustedDate (adjusted date container was dropped) – EQD – prePaymentAmount, “paymentAmount”, notional”, “additionalPayment” are of type “NonNegativeMoney” instead of “Money” and a couple of more changes like the type of the element “localJurisdiction” is renamed from “Country” to “CountryCode”. – FX was refactored. You can review new FX PRODUCT ARCHITECTURE.doc here – http://www.fpml.org/_wgmail/_fxwgmail/docSexeI7hRsi.doc where the changes were outlined. There are also floating comments in FpML 5.1 and 5.2 visions that would show the difference. I think it could be also possible to diff the 4.x and 5.x product XSD (e.g. fpml-cd.xsd, fpml-ird.xsd, etc.) 3. Loan messages have been removed from 5.x as they are currently getting refactored and will be added in a later Version of FpML Regards, Irina Yermakova

paulbrown

Thanks for the reply. I’m interested mainly in the FX refactoring you mentioned. We are using Forward, NDF, FX option, NDO messages. Is it the case that only the structure of the XSD has changed for these products? The structure of the FPML messages would not have changed? Also, some of the element names have changed, right? If that is the case then I need to do a trivial XSLT on my existing messages to get them from 4.5->5.3 for these product types. What do you think? cheers

iyermakova
    Spectator

Hello Paul, With FpML 5.x schema refactoring work: – all FpML messages ere refactored see the Messaging Mapping Table between Version 4.9 and 5.3 excel link I mentioned in my previous reply. – all FX products (sub-schema fpml-fx.xsd) have been refactored (e.g. elements were moved around/grouped differently/renamed to bring related data together) As a result of the refactoring work, following has been updated to reflect the changes: – All Business Validation rules – All instant documents that use FpML schema (xsd) version 5.x You are correct; you would need an XSLT to transform 4.5 to 5.3 for FpML FX products and FpML messages. For FX, you can follow this document for your mapping now http://www.fpml.org/_wgmail/_fxwgmail/docSexeI7hRsi.doc (although it is a bit outdated as there were some more changes) Regards, Irina Yermakova

paulbrown

>You are correct; you would need an XSLT to >transform 4.5 to 5.3 for FpML FX products >and FpML messages. Does that XSLT already exist? Or will I have to work it out myself? Am I right in thinking that no new data has been added to the FX schemas between 4.5 and 5.3? It was just a refactoring. Therefore, I need only apply this XSLT to my existing messages to migrate them up to 5.3. Thanks

iyermakova
    Spectator

Hello Paul, – At the moment, you would have to create your own XSLT. – 5.x FX refactoring includes an additional product – Dual Currency (which is a feature inside FxOption). Plus, in 5.3 some other fields were added e.g. tenorName/tenorPeriod was added to all products – to allowing the models to pass this tenor for UPI generation especially, etc. Regrads, Irina Yermakova

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘FpML Version 5.0 (Closed for Posting)’ is closed to new topics and replies.