Forums

FpML Discussion

General FpML Discussion Technical & Implementation Questions Fx Digital Option – discrete vs. continuous

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jamesgriffin
    Spectator

Hello there – I wonder if anyone can advise on this… I’d like to detail whether the American version of Fx Digital Option is discrete/continuous. i.e. whether fx spot rate can be referenced at any time against the barrier (continuous) or only at a particular time each day (discrete) There doesn’t seem to be a place in the Fx Digital Option schema to indicate this… Thanks in advance for any illumination you can bring. All the best James

mgratacos
    Keymaster

When we developed support for various exotic options in 2001 (like digitals), we didnt specifically differentiate between discrete and continuous options. What we did was supply a start and end date (observationStartDate and observationEndDate within fxAmericanTrigger), and then based upon the information source, this would determine whether the frequency of observation, during a day. That being said, it might be appropriate to specifically designate a discrete or continuous observation period within FpML, to more clearly describe this condition. Rick Schumacher (ex-chair of the FpML FX Working Group)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.