Forums

FpML Discussion

General FpML Discussion Technical & Implementation Questions mapping pricing structures in Market to use with specific products

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Smiling

I am currently designing FpML-based pricing library. One of the features I am looking at – is how to implemenent batch pricing. What is not clear to me is how to associate multiple pricing structures referenced/stored in a Market type, with specific trades (in case of post-trade) or products (for pre-trade). (1) For example, I have 3 different curves (YieldCurve) in a Market and I want use first one for discounting cashflows for the product A, second for the product B and third for C. And I don’t see how could I explicitly “link”, “map” those curves into specific products or into specific instance of products. May be I am missing something, but it seems to me what FpML needs something could be called MarketScenario – to act like a proxy between Market and products/trades to be valuated. Any recomendations how could I implemente (*1) Thank you

iyermakova
    Spectator

Your intention is to create a valuation scenario that would reference the set of market inputs to be used, and a separate valuation scenario for each different combination. Theres not really a way to explicitly link product types to market inputs within a single valuation scenario. If you would like to submit a proposal to the Pricing and Risk Working Group, they would be happy to consider it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.